Thursday, January 15, 2009

Final Grades

Well, most of you made it through the semester unscathed. However, as I am calculating grades, many of you will be astonished to find that you failed your final simply for failing to follow directions. Listed on this blog were explicit directions as to how you were to proceed with signing up for your final. Yet, I find that many of you chose to do things your way rather than respecting my rules. So, it is quite easy for me to not have pity when I posted time after time what you needed to do. Listed below are some of the infractions that I found:
  1. FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED - NO DUPLICATE TOPICS (Grade lowered)
  2. SIGN UP FOR YOUR ASSIGNED CLASS (Grade = zero - I will not hunt through stacks of papers to find your final.)
  3. No header with name, student id, and class number (This is elementary school stuff....if you don't know your own ID number, how to put your name on a paper so I can read it, or if you can't put the right class on the paper, guess what, I just forgot how to give a grade for that particular assignment.)
The only way I know how to make you understand that rules are to be followed is to show you how consequences work. Hopefully next time you won't make the same mistake.

This is not to say that everyone falls into this category, so please don't flood my inbox asking if you were one of the people who made a mistake. You know what you did and who you are. I won't play the game of even giving you the chance to explain why you didn't read or simply didn't follow the directions in the blog. You made a choice; now you have the result of that choice.

Best wishes to all who will progress to the next level. And, best of luck to those who must, once again, take this semester of English.